BDP-83 Special Edition Upgrade Option for Existing Customers:
Note: The Special Edition enhances only the analog audio connection (Stereo, 5.1ch or 7.1ch). This upgrade does not enhance the HDMI output. If you use HDMI as your only audio connection, then we do not recommend this upgrade.
- Our return policy does not apply to this upgrade. Once the upgrade has begun on your unit, the upgrade fee is non-refundable.
- The upgrade will involve the replacing of the following parts from the customer's original player:
1. Audio Board
2. Power Supply Board
3. Back Panel with RS232 port.
- With the upgrade, the audio performance will be identical to the Special Edition player. However, the upgrade does not include replacing the front panel since it does not affect audio performance. As a result, there will be no “Special Edition” mark printed on the front panel. A Special Edition decal sticker will be provided for you to optionally place on the front panel.
- This upgrade is available only to customers within the U.S. International customers will have to contact their local reseller.
- We do not offer a trade-in program. We suggest existing customers sell their BDP-83 on eBay and then purchase a brand-new BDP-83SE if they want an official BDP-83SE.
- We require existing BDP-83 owners to ship their BDP-83 to our facility at their cost and pay the upgrade cost in advance.
Note that we are not responsible for any units lost or damaged while in transit
to us so please sufficiently insure the shipment. Upgraded players are shipped back at our cost within the U.S. via ground service.
- Warranty for upgraded units are extended by resetting the clock - the time period for your warranty starts all over again from the day your upgraded unit is delivered back to you.
- After placing your order for the upgrade, you will receive an e-mail with an RMA
number and instructions for sending your BDP-83 to us.
BDP-83 Upgrade to Special Edition Price: $399.00
Upgrade option available while supplies last. We may stop this offer at any time without notice.
Do not send your BDP-83 to us until you receive an RMA number from us.